Skip to main content

Bike Hike 2020 Intro


I am cycling from home in South Birmingham to Llanberis in Snowdonia national park which is 121 miles and will hiking to summit of Snowdon in one day. (Check out map below in photos)
I will be doing this unaided, carrying all equipment for hiking - boots, clothing, food etc as well as cycling tools and kit. I will hiking up Llanberis path to the summit of Snowdon.
The cycle will take 10 hours and the hiking 4-6 hours, dependent on fatigue. On any given day I can do either of these challenges, I have made this is a personal challenge through combining the two.
I regularly cycle 100 miles and have ridden up to 140 miles in a day whilst doing coast to coast, Birmingham to Aberdovey, plus other bike related challenges. Hiking wise I have walked Scaffel, The Wrekin, Long Mynd, and other local hills as well Lake District every year.
Keep up to date with my training and more about Medaille Trust and Modern Slavery on social media:
Twitter: @medailletrust @marcpearson_134
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-medaille-trust/ and https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-pearson-a21a26112/
Why?
To raise awareness of modern slavery in UK and worldwide and to raise funds for the work of Medaille Trust.
Modern slavery is alive and well in the UK today. There is a good chance that it is happening behind a closed door in your own community – in a hand car wash, a nail bar, a brothel, a construction site or even in someone’s home.
That’s why it’s vital Medaille Trust’s network of safe houses keep their doors open to provide a safe haven for survivors on their journey to recovery. And we need your help!
Medaille Trust exists to provide refuge and freedom from modern slavery. Today, we are the largest provider of supported safe house beds for victims of modern slavery in the UK.
We combat human trafficking and modern slavery by:
offering safe housing; providing support for victims; raising awareness in communities; partnering with law enforcement authorities.
Modern slavery is both a global and local issue. So it requires a global and local response.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scooting as part of Bike Hike 2020 Training

I have been scooting along quite happily and merrily for a while now. Purchasing my own scooter a last year or so meant that we can have races to school, go for trips to the park with Amelia and having a jolly good time. Well, I never thought of taking it out on work trips or train stations and hopping on with it. I was revolutionary for me. I shortened my commute from  home to local train station by half, more time at home and best bit of all, the exercise. Let me describe my scooter, I went for the front and back brake scooter model from Oxelo (Decathlon brand) as I wanted to make sure I could safely brake and felt more in control. As shown below Why are you talking about Scooters? This blog is all about my fundraising and training for Medaille Trust #bikehike2020 This is because, of the health benefits and the all over body work-out, I have been getting from 10-15 minutes of commuting from this wonderful mode of transport. You have to self propel, I swap legs to var...

2020 cycling training recap

I have been working on my training plan which I created for winter training for a few months now. I have been soaked through, blown around in Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis, cycling in the dark nights. All to fit in some miles on the bike. Now we are approaching lights mornings, warmer fronts weather wise (today hopefully the exception as it has decided to snow and hail 🌨️❄️) I hope to begin getting in longer and more hours on the bike. So I thought a quick recap on some of my rides before I get going with regular updates. January started really well with some longer rides But for me it about short and intense especially with the colder, short days And mixing up with longer easier rides to keep up my mileage. Why am I doing my challenge of riding from South Birmingham to Snowdon with the hike to summit. Raise awareness of modern slavery and helping victims who Medaille Trust support in accomodation across UK to have more opportunities, act...