I have been scooting along quite happily and merrily for a while now.
Purchasing my own scooter a last year or so meant that we can have races to school, go for trips to the park with Amelia and having a jolly good time.
Well, I never thought of taking it out on work trips or train stations and hopping on with it. I was revolutionary for me. I shortened my commute from home to local train station by half, more time at home and best bit of all, the exercise.
Let me describe my scooter, I went for the front and back brake scooter model from Oxelo (Decathlon brand) as I wanted to make sure I could safely brake and felt more in control. As shown below

Why are you talking about Scooters? This blog is all about my fundraising and training for Medaille Trust #bikehike2020
This is because, of the health benefits and the all over body work-out, I have been getting from 10-15 minutes of commuting from this wonderful mode of transport.
You have to self propel, I swap legs to vary the stride and keep an equal workout. Going uphill is a challenge, the stride shortens you work harder and I can tell you that I am getting a sweat on.
This week I have done three commutes using the scooter and my legs are tired. I have been burning calories and feel really good after completing my little journeys.
Here are some details about health benefits of scooters for Adults, I for one will keep going with this mode of transport. Why not give it a go yourself?


I have been varying my training and preparation for Bike Hike 2020, with (Taken from Twitter)
Getting Up at 5.30 for some #bikehike2020 #training
Not #cycling #walking but some #core exercises, indoor exercises to keep body stretching and moving I am raising #awareness of #modernslavery and #fundraising for
with a ride and hike to
#snowdon
Purchasing my own scooter a last year or so meant that we can have races to school, go for trips to the park with Amelia and having a jolly good time.
Well, I never thought of taking it out on work trips or train stations and hopping on with it. I was revolutionary for me. I shortened my commute from home to local train station by half, more time at home and best bit of all, the exercise.
Let me describe my scooter, I went for the front and back brake scooter model from Oxelo (Decathlon brand) as I wanted to make sure I could safely brake and felt more in control. As shown below

Why are you talking about Scooters? This blog is all about my fundraising and training for Medaille Trust #bikehike2020
This is because, of the health benefits and the all over body work-out, I have been getting from 10-15 minutes of commuting from this wonderful mode of transport.
You have to self propel, I swap legs to vary the stride and keep an equal workout. Going uphill is a challenge, the stride shortens you work harder and I can tell you that I am getting a sweat on.
This week I have done three commutes using the scooter and my legs are tired. I have been burning calories and feel really good after completing my little journeys.
Here are some details about health benefits of scooters for Adults, I for one will keep going with this mode of transport. Why not give it a go yourself?
I have been varying my training and preparation for Bike Hike 2020, with (Taken from Twitter)
Getting Up at 5.30 for some #bikehike2020 #training
Not #cycling #walking but some #core exercises, indoor exercises to keep body stretching and moving I am raising #awareness of #modernslavery and #fundraising for
with a ride and hike to
#snowdon
Why am I doing my challenge of riding from South Birmingham to Snowdon with the hike to summit.
Raise awareness of modern slavery and helping victims who Medaille Trust support in accomodation across UK to have more opportunities, activities within the services to make a difference and change lives.
Please take a look at my fundraising page and support anyway you can or click on Medaille Trust website for other options.

Comments
Post a Comment