As part of the challenge for Bike Hike 2020 is walking to the summit of Snowdon, I needed to make sure I am not just on the bike training.
So out came the Fitbit so that I can log some steps and check that I am moving.
Here is a quick rundown of the progress, I am making so far in 2020.
Starting 2020 with some muddy, hilly walks with the family on New Years Day. I was carrying my little lad up the hills around the Lickey Hills in his rucksack.
I am now at 15,000 steps per day and this has begun to stretch me to get out and about to put this effort in to get away from my desk when working and when I am not working get out and about places through using my own steam.
I missed my targets (plus forgot to charge the fitbit) on some of these days last week. I am able to get out more with the weather hopefully get better to hiking areas in my local area
Lickey Hills
The Wrekin
Waseley Hills
Malverrn
Long Mynd
I will be combing these with cycling to them to begin specific training around #BikeHike2020
So out came the Fitbit so that I can log some steps and check that I am moving.
Here is a quick rundown of the progress, I am making so far in 2020.
Starting 2020 with some muddy, hilly walks with the family on New Years Day. I was carrying my little lad up the hills around the Lickey Hills in his rucksack.
While I am trying to vary my walking with hikes, I make sure that I keep up my daily and weekly steps.
Starting at 2020 with the standard 10k steps per day.
Fitbit started to tell me that I was doing this most days so began to up my steps per day from 10k to 12.5k
I missed my targets (plus forgot to charge the fitbit) on some of these days last week. I am able to get out more with the weather hopefully get better to hiking areas in my local area
Lickey Hills
The Wrekin
Waseley Hills
Malverrn
Long Mynd
I will be combing these with cycling to them to begin specific training around #BikeHike2020
Why am I doing my challenge of riding from South Birmingham to Snowdon with the hike to summit.
Raise awareness of modern slavery and helping victims who Medaille Trust support in accomodation across UK to have more opportunities, activities within the services to make a difference and change lives.
Please take a look at my fundraising page and support anyway you can or click on Medaille Trust website for other options.




Comments
Post a Comment