Thought it would kick off with this at the start today:
Why am I doing my challenge of riding from South Birmingham to Snowdon with the hike to summit.
Raise awareness of modern slavery and helping victims who Medaille Trust support in accomodation across UK to have more opportunities, activities within the services to make a difference and change lives.
Please take a look at my fundraising page and support anyway you can or click on Medaille Trust website for other options.
Well yesterday (Sunday 15th March) put a stop to the planned Bike Ride with Meg to anywhere.
I don't mind riding in the rain, getting damp from being out and about has never bothered me. The weather forecast from the day was just dismal and was non-stop rain all day. So this put a stop to the planned bike adventure.
(We went to Shugborough Hall, National Trust for a hike instead. See Blog Post: Hike around Shugborough)
(We went to Shugborough Hall, National Trust for a hike instead. See Blog Post: Hike around Shugborough)
This morning I have been back on the training plan for #BikeHike2020 with a short, sharp, hilly bike ride.
I wanted to change the route, I have been taking recently and was thinking about the ways I could go.
As it happened, I woke suddenly this morning, at 4.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so early ride it was.
I wanted to change the route, I have been taking recently and was thinking about the ways I could go.
As it happened, I woke suddenly this morning, at 4.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so early ride it was.
Started in the dark, and finished after an hour in the sunrise. As I approached home at 6.30am, many people were starting their week at work, driving across Birmingham to their destination.
I felt energised, ready for the day and mostly a sense of achievement with my hour worth of cycling, made it tough for myself, pedalled hard and started to feel good about my short intense workouts.
With the changing routes, hard interval bike routes alongside the walking I am doing regularly throughout week developing a good base ready for June.
I created a vlog of my ride at the end: More details on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/marc.s.pearson/videos/647413473919/


Comments
Post a Comment